Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Something Different, Textured Sides – Take 1

For my cake with the zebra striped insides I wanted to do something a little different on the sides.  I was looking for something that would dress up the cake, with out doing a ton of decorating.

I went ahead and iced the top as I normally would.


Then I took my bowl of white icing, and tossed in some of the left over pink from class, along with a few tooth picks of red coloring, and lightly mixed it up.  You could also do some bag striping here as well.


I bagged it in the 16in bag with a tip 1M.  Next time I do this, I will use the regular 12in bag. 



I piped a line from the board up along the side of the cake.


I added some stars along the top edge, again using the tip 1M.


The guys at work loved the cake, so I consider it a success.  Of course I’m pretty sure since it was free cake they weren’t going to complain any about it.

And are you curious about what the inside looked like?  I got a picture of that for you as well.

(Sorry for the bad cell picture here.)

I think it looks pretty neat myself!


Next Posts: 
Fri., March 16 - I Don’t Free Hand!

Mon., March 19 - Leveling & Torting Your Layers

No comments:

Post a Comment