Friday, March 9, 2012

Mutiples of Tips

I often mention in class that I prefer to have several different tips of the same size over owning every tip out there.  If I want to make two different colors of roses I like to have a tip for each color.  With extra tips if I need to make one more rose of the opposite color I don’t have to clean the tip out yet again.  I just get to pick up the other bag and pipe.  In the long run having several of the same tips for roses, stars or even dots and writing can be a time saver.

I feel that which tips a person has multiples of depends a lot on the techniques they use a lot, but I will share with you the tips that I find handy to have several of.

Round tips:
1, 3 and 12

Star tips:
16, 18, 21, and 1M

Petal tips:
104

2D and 233 others I like having a few of.

There are some tips that do not come in the course kits that I like having on hand as well.  For me those are the round tips 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 as well as basket weave tip 47.  I also like a variety of petal tips: 101, 102, 103, 59* and 97.

If you like the swirl flowers you may want to look at the drop flower tips, as they come in many different sizes and do a similar flower shape.  

Of course when you start owning more and more tips, organization is key to finding the tips you want when you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment