Monday, October 3, 2011

Let's Play Cake! - September 2011 Recap


In September’s Let’s Play cake, I challenged everyone to pick at least two techniques from any of the three Wilton Courses, practice them, and share pictures.

I’m a bit sad that not one person took me up on this challenge, but I do know that life can be busy.  I will be posting a new theme for October, maybe it will be more inspiring for everyone.

I did get in some practice this month myself while I was making displays for the store.  I don’t often make time to just sit down to make flowers, and now that I have a bunch of leftovers I have some ready to go decorations I can put on a cake or cupcakes for a quick project.

First we have the display cake that I made.  It is covered in Wilton’s new pre colored green fondant.  I used royal icing for the ribbon roses, leaves, dots and drop flowers.


Using royal icing again, I also went through almost all of the techniques we cover in the Decorating Basic’s Class, as well as the flowers and basket weave we do in Flowers & Cake Design.



Soon I will have to sit down and make some more pansies, since the ones shown here have already gotten broken at the store. 

Next Post:  October's Let's Play Cake Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment