Monday, September 19, 2011

Cupcakes & The Scoop

Do you have one of those kitchen utensils that you love and use for many things? 

(Sorry, not the best picture, but you get the idea right?)

This is one of my favorite kitchen tools!  It is originally designed for ice cream and holds 3 Tablespoons, slightly under 1/4th of a cup. 
What do I use it for? 

Cupcakes!

Trying to fill cupcake pans can be messy and if you aren’t careful you end up with some cupcake liners that have more or less than others, which creates uneven baking times.  With the ice cream scoop, you put the same amount of batter in the liners.


When they come out of the oven you have pretty cupcakes that are even in height.



I also use it for pancakes, large cookies, and meatballs.

Next Post:  Wednesday, September 21 - TBA The Knee High Dusting Puff

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to use it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, do the scoops have sizes on them? Or, can you measure the "scoop" part of your scoop for me? I could use one for reg size cupcakes but a small one for mini's would be great, too!!! I use a disposable bag for mini's, but it gets messy and I need to refill it a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think they come with a sizing number, but I'm not sure what it is. Most of the basic ice cream scoops are about the right size. For mini cupcakes, Wilton's cookie scoop works great. I actually have 4 different sizes of scoops (I'll be posting them eventually.)

    ReplyDelete